BMW’s are known to have failure prone front thrust arm bushings. The flexible rubber bushings, even those found in M performance models, allow significant movement of the front wheels to maximize daily driving comfort, but also allow considerable alignment change. This results in a disconnected and numb road feel, standing between you and a confidence inspiring driving experience. Eventually the fluid filled rubber bushings fatigue and crack due to continual deflection and ozone degradation, and eventually the damping fluid leaks out resulting in complete failure.
For the enthusiast looking for superior performance and longevity with a crisp, confidence-inspiring driving experience, our sealed ball joint monoballs are the best solution available! Our experience with spherical front control arm ball joints go back to those we designed and used in our IMSA E90 328i and E92 M3 racecars (GS class Champions in 2011). We wanted to offer E31, E32, E34, E38, E39, E53, E60, E63, E64, and E83 owners similar levels of handling precision and control for the track and street.
The bearing housing is precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 anodized aluminum and features a knurled OD to ensure a perfect press fit, and utilize a sealed OEM BMW ball joint for exceptional quality and durability, making them completely at home on both the street and track with no compromise. We have done extensive street, autocross, and track testing to ensure the ball joint used in this bushing design excels in each setting. The advantage of a sealed ball joint is that it eliminates all unwanted deflection while still allowing complete bind-free movement throughout suspension travel, resulting in exceptional control of wheel alignment. What you get is superior steering precision, turn-in response, direct braking feedback, and better handling.
In short, if you're seeking the ultimate in precise, predictable handling and control, with crisp braking response and a long service life that’s equally at home on the street or track - look no further. We have you covered.
We offer these thrust arms with the monoball bushings pre-installed for your convenience. Since BMW recommends the control arms be replaced for every other bushing change, we prefer to sell these as a pre-assembled set. The bushings are also available separately if you wish to source your own control arms.
- Precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 blue anodized aluminum
- Knurled OD to provide the perfect fit for the wide range of thrust arm bore diameters among brands.
- CNC machined 304ss ball joint sleeve inserts, providing a precision fit between the ball joint and the subframe.
- OEM BMW sealed and greased ball joint for exceptional durability and service life.
- Nearly instantaneous, crisp steering and braking response.
- Maintenance free, long lasting performance.
- Improved road feel without undesirable NVH.
Since BMW recommends the control arms be replaced for every other bushing change, we prefer to sell these as a pre-assembled set, and are available separately here if you would prefer that option.
This item is an upgrade to the following rear wheel drive BMWs:
- 2014+ F22 BMW 228i 230i M235i M240i - Coupe
- 2014+ F23 BMW 228i 230i M235i M240i - Convertible
- 2012+ F30 BMW 320i 328i 328d 335i 340i - Sedan
- 2014+ F32 BMW 428i 435i 440i - Coupe
- 2014+ F33 BMW 428i 435i 440i - Convertible
- 2014+ F36 BMW 428i 435i 440i - Gran Coupe