BMW’s are known to have failure prone front thrust arm bushings. The flexible rubber bushings, even those found in M performance models, allow significant movement of the front wheels to maximize daily driving comfort, but also allow considerable alignment change. This results in a disconnected and numb road feel, standing between you and a confidence inspiring driving experience. Eventually the fluid filled rubber bushings fatigue and crack due to continual deflection and ozone degradation, and eventually the damping fluid leaks out resulting in complete failure.
For the enthusiast looking for superior performance and longevity with a crisp, confidence-inspiring driving experience, our sealed ball joint monoballs are the best solution available! Our experience with spherical front control arm ball joints go back to those we designed and used in our IMSA E90 328i and E92 M3 racecars (GS class Champions in 2011). We wanted to offer E31, E32, E34, E38, E39, E53, E60, E63, E64, E83, F06, F10, F12 and F8x M2/M3/M4 owners similar levels of handling precision and control for the track and street.
The bearing housing is precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 anodized aluminum and features a knurled OD to ensure a perfect press fit, and utilize a sealed OEM BMW ball joint for exceptional quality and durability, making them completely at home on both the street and track with no compromise. We have done extensive street, autocross, and track testing to ensure the ball joint used in this bushing design excels in each setting. The advantage of a sealed ball joint is that it eliminates all unwanted deflection while still allowing complete bind-free movement throughout suspension travel, resulting in exceptional control of wheel alignment. What you get is superior steering precision, turn-in response, direct braking feedback, and better handling.
In short, if you're seeking the ultimate in precise, predictable handling and control, with crisp braking response and a long service life that’s equally at home on the street or track - look no further. We have you covered.
- Nearly instantaneous, crisp steering and braking response.
- Maintenance free, long lasting performance.
- Improved road feel without undesirable NVH.
Ball Joint / monoball
- OEM BMW sealed, greased ball joint for exceptional durability and service life, even in the most severe operating conditions
- Precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Type II anodized housing for excellent corrosion resistance.
- Proprietary Turner designed knurled OD to provide the perfect fit for the wide range of thrust arm bore diameters among brands.
- CNC machined 304ss ball joint sleeve inserts, providing a precision fit between the ball joint and the subframe.
- OEM BMW sealed and greased ball joint for exceptional durability and service life.
Since BMW recommends the control arms be replaced for every other bushing change, we prefer to sell these as a pre-assembled set, and are available separately here if you would prefer that option.This item fits the following BMWs:This item fits the following BMWs:
- 2011+ F13 BMW 640iX 650iX 650iX 4.0 650iX 4.4
- 2012+ F12 BMW 640iX 650iX 650iX 4.0 650iX 4.4
- 2011 - 2016 F11 BMW 528iX 530dX 530i 535i 535iX 550I
- 2010 - 2016 F10 BMW 528iX 530i 535i 535iX 550i 550iX Hybrid 5
- 2009 - 2016 F07 BMW 535iX 550i 550iX 550iX 4.0 550iX 4.4
- 2013+ F06 BMW 640i xDrive 650i xDrive ALPINA B6X
NOTE that these are for AWD MODELS ONLY!!